This is a nice and healthy alternative to the ‘same old oatmeal’
- ½ cup whole rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- ½ a medium sized apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (Splenda Brown Sugar works great too!)
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granola
- In a small saucepan, boil the water. Add the oats, lower the heat to medium-low and cook covered for about 5-8 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed into the oatmeal.
- In the meantime, heat a small saucepan on medium-low. Add apples and brown sugar, and caramelize until the apples are softened, stirring frequently. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Add apple mixture to oatmeal. Stir in the milk and cinnamon. Spoon mixture into a bowl and top with granola.
- Serve immediately.