Katie was introduced to yoga at the age of 18, and dabbled on and off throughout her life. But when her health took a scary turn, her yoga practice restored her, mind, body, and spirit.read more
This quick and easy smoothie recipe is packed with nutrients and super delicious to boot. Made from fruits and veggies, It’s gluten-free, vegan, and kid-friendly.read more
Why Wellness Matters
Wellness is more than keeping sickness at bay: it’s a holistic journey towards better living that includes the spiritual, emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, and social aspects of our lives. Helping people to manage each aspect, individually and together, is at the very heart of the dWELLing’s mission
Mary’s Top 5 Wellness Tips
The dWELLing’s Mary Poston is a wellness advocate and expert: As a certified PA, she offers advice to her patients every day on how to live and feel better. Here are her top five tips for people embarking on a wellness journey or looking to gain momentum.
- Eat as many whole foods as possible—keep processed or packaged foods to a minimum. Food is best for us in the form God gave it to us. When man messes with it, we usually mess it up!
- Eat the fruit, don’t drink the juice! (Now, green smoothies are another topic! I am definitely for them, and will post that recipe separately.)
- Fill half of your dinner plate with fruits and vegetables. Fiber fills you, and the nutrients you get from the actual food are far superior to any supplement.
- We were made to move! And to feel the sun and the wind. Even if you don’t have much time—GET OUTSIDE! It’s God’s natural plan for achieving a healthier physical and mental state.
- Find a kindred spirit to be accountable to. It’s so much easier (and more fun!) to be healthy together.
Wellness is more than a trend, it’s a movement. Here are some of our favorite resources and insights from around the web: